Thursday, September 17, 2009

So it's the end of summer.....



That doesn't mean it's the end of fun....Owen pesters us to go to the beach on a regular basis. So we thought we would take him out to Kayak Point out here, about 15 minutes away. The day started out perfect! Quiet beach, sunshine, and calm waters. But then......
Owen fell in....and Jim went in after him....It was more comical than not, let me tell ya. I had Samantha strapped to my front, so I was no help. I just held the camera and shot :)

Owen did so good! He instantly started doggy paddling and was able to keep his face out of the water. But frantic daddy fell in trying to get to him.


So this is round two at the beach!



Samantha is such a trooper being outside in the sunshine all day! We watched the sun set that day!

Natures perfect jungle gym!
Daddy was fishin...and Owen wanted to help him. So this is Owen's first fishing experience! He's obsessed...so much so he asked for "Owen's own fishing pole for his birthday!"


Nakey nakey! It's time to clean up little lady! :)
She loves her baths! And I love her bath contraption! Wish I had one like that for Owen!

At the end of the day...Owen's eggsausted! So much so...he slept at the foot of his bed!
I'm sure that Mom and Dad will recognize Samantha's toy....it was Owen's and well he still wants it apparently ;)

Samantha loves her tummy time! Those obnoxious toys sure come in handy that "T" (Vicky) bought for Owen....Samantha loves them....of course.

I don't recall this being taken...Uhummm.....Jim....But this is my desperate attempt at getting more sleep....just put the baby in bed with me in the morning!

Owen's first fort! He didn't want to take it down.

And as you can see neither did dad ;)...this, of course, was Jim's bright idea. But hey I remember having a blast making forts....I'm sure it drove mom nuts...but it's definitely a great way to entertain!

So this morning Owen saw a commercial on TV for Chuck e Cheese...I had no idea he knew what it was. I had already planned his 3rd Birthday party at Chuck e Cheese....But when that commercial came on, he started jumping up and down and screaming, "MOM! BIRTHDAY PARTY AT CHUCK E CHEESE FOR OWEN???!!!" I was taken back a bit...he amazes me with what he knows everyday! And so needless to say I was patting myself on my back for already having that all set for him. Of course he thinks we should go today. But he has 10 more days till the party. So I thought let's make a paper ring chain to pull one off everyday to count down for the big day. So this is Owen's first experience with scissors. It was hilarious! Every time he opened the scissors, he opened his mouth! And then when he closed the scissors...he closed his mouth! I have video...I should probably post it.
And this is milk mustache cutie helping us with our project. It's so nice being home with these two! I hate to go back to work, but the economy says I have to :(....Oh well hopefully only for a year and then I'm home!
Because...come on....watching Owen's first high heels experience is, well, absolutely hilarious!!




















3 comments:

Miriam said...

Those are great family pics. You guys always seem to find fun stuff to do with the kids.

RickG said...

You're corrupting those kids, daughter. They're gonna grow up thinking it's ok to have a good life!

bev said...

Love the blog spot. Looks like too much fun for one family.