Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh the heat!

So I've been to Utah....Idaho...I know what hot is like....but really the humidity!?!?!?!? Come on! Thank goodness I whined enough to the hubby, he finally caved and bought an air conditioner last Sunday. Cause I tell you what, babies and humid hot, just a bad combination! Every time I have to load the kids into the car, they cry and whine all the way to our destination. If it's not because of the heat, it's the sunshine in their eyes. Our poor AC is having a really hard time beating the heat. Little does Owen realize it's still better than nasty, wet, normal Washington summers.
So we are supposed to break records today....yes Washington has never been over 100 degrees! The difference between Washington heat and Utah heat, in my opinion, is very different. When I was pregnant with Owen, it was about mid to upper 80's here in Washington. It was so unbearable, I chopped my hair 14 inches to get it off of my neck. My parents came and got me at the end of July to head for Utah. And well it was 107 degrees when we got to my parents house. I expected it to be really hot feeling, but to my amazement, it was actually very nice. Here, around 95 degrees, outside is unbearable! When you step outside, your breath is almost taken away from how thick it is. At least it was when we were having thunder and lightning storms the other day. It's funny how crazy of a winter we had here and now the Spring and Summer....what the heck is Fall going to be like!?
Any who....just wanted to whine a bit....ok alot!

3 comments:

bev said...

I understand. You have had to spend some time elsewhere to get it. Humidity is the frosting on the cake. Hope it gets better soon.

RickG said...

call the waaaa-ambulance!
;>)
hey, we didn't have A.C. raising you kids until you were all much older!
Oh, and I had to walk 2 miles to school thru 3 feet of snow, up hill both ways....

BeckyB said...

Oh yah! ;) Well it made it to 112 degrees here! And my poor AC couldn't hardly keep our house below 85, YUK!!!!