Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Winter Storm


So this is at Jim's parents home. They live in Arlington, not that far from us, but obviously far enough up in elevation. We got about 2 feet. I don't know if you can see the Dog kennel in the background of this picture, but it's got over 2 feet on top. Now imagine the ground, or their deck. I wish I could have gotten pictures of that deck of theirs. I can't believe it didn't go down with all of that weight! And as you can see Jim is up to his knees walking with Owen....Mind you there's more snow under his feet. He actually got stuck in the next step he took and that's why he's carrying Owen. Jim sunk in to almost his hip and we didn't want Owen to get that deep. It was rather comedic I tell ya. The crazy thing is, I used to go up the mountain loop to get snow like that. But 10 minutes from the town of Arlington was all the further we had to go.